Wednesday, October 26, 2011

curveballs.

First thing this morning, I came across this quote:

‎"Faith in the nature of God is what keeps you moving even when situations are against you. You KNOW that God is faithful, so even when a situation seems bleak or even impossible, you know enough to wait for Him to come to your aid.” {Graham Cooke}

This statement really struck me, and naively, I wondered how exactly I could apply that to my life right now, seeing that things are going fairly smoothly for the first time in a long time. You know, as though I don’t really need faith in this moment. Or something like that.

Then I got a phone call. An answer to my question. My husband called with a curveball, and it threw me for a loop. Suddenly this quote I’d read just hours earlier was swinging right back on to the forefront of my mind, and I realized I had a choice to make. Either I react in fear and worry, my usual “panic mode” response, desperately gathering up all my resources and trying to find a solution -- or I trust. When life throws a curveball, it really does feel like the situation is working against you. It does seem bleak or even impossible. But thank God He is faithful in spite of what seems. Thank God that we have all those stories of His provision in the lives of the fathers and mothers of our faith, of our friends, our families, and in our own lives to look back on and remember that He is good. That He will come through again and again for us, because, simply put, He loves us.

It’s not easy to surpass our humanity, is it? Sometimes it feels like God is asking me to do so much more than I feel I’m capable of -- but the truth is, I am incapable. Curveball moments prove that fact. The great news is, He is able, and because His Spirit lives in me, I’m empowered to keep moving forward in faith.

‎"Faith in the nature of God is what keeps you moving even when situations are against you. You KNOW that God is faithful, so even when a situation seems bleak or even impossible, you know enough to wait for Him to come to your aid.” {Graham Cooke}

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Alisha! I too find it so hard to trust sometimes.
    I absolutely loved catching up the other day! I felt so encouraged & refreshed after - you are a beautiful person, and I am thrilled that we got to reconnect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trusting is hard! Something you must give with only the hope that the person you give it to won't break it in two. Thank you for sharing though. I love your blog! I'm your newest follower! :)

    Digger ~xoxo~
    www.digdeeperdesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are certainly incapable without Him.
    Eve

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful sentiments. I LOVE that quote. I have never heard that one before. Going into my quote book now :)

    ReplyDelete